Cllr. Danny Healy Rae put forward the following notice of motion at the Killarney Area Meeting:
1. He asked Kerry Airport and Ryanair to facilitate German visitors with flights into and out of Kerry.
2. He asked KCC what progress has been made with the provision of a playground in Firies, KCC are pursuing this matter in accordance with the opportunities which resolution of planning and bond matters in Greenfields estate may present as well as looking at other site opportunities in the area.
3. Cllr. Healy Rae asked the housing department if any adjustments can be made to enhance parking in St. Stephens Park, Castleisland, he was promised that the roads department of KCC will investigate the matter.
4. He asked that the members of KCC write to the Minister regarding the unfairness in the system, where housing applicants cannot be considered for the Rent Allowance Scheme if they haven’t been on rent allowance for 18 months first, he also asked the housing section to seek funding to build on council owned lands in Killarney and Rathmore now that these lands are back in the ownership of the council.
5.Cllr Healy Rae asked KCC and Irish Water to facilitate Kilcummin Village with a sewerage connection down to Killarney Treatment Plant, Irish Water are currently preparing a national investment programme covering the next two years, a business case for Kilcummin Sewerage Scheme has been submitted to Irish Water and this is currently been evaluated.
6. He asked KCC to clear the Gweestin River to relieve flooding at Rockfield below Sullivans.